✞   ✞   ✞   We here pay tribute to members of Redeemer (Erlöser) Lutheran Church, a rural congregation formerly located about 10 km northwest of Neudorf, Saskatchewan. Most of the original Members arrived directly from Austrian Galicia and from the Bessarabian region of Russia in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The Church, built in 1901 on SE6 T21 R8 W2, was moved in 1936 to NW33 T20 R8 W2 where it stayed in active use until 1958. The buildings have been removed but thanks to the volunteer efforts of several third-generation area residents an elegant black iron cross now honours the site. General memories of the Redeemer Congregation are included here plus brief notes on some of the early families. The final resting place of many of the Redeemer pioneers, Redeemer Cemetery ( NW31 T20 R8 W2), is documented here as well. The links are listed below. Some pages contain numerous images - loading might be slow.   ✞   ✞   ✞
Acknowledgements :   The content displayed here was obtained from many sources, from family and friends, from generous online genealogical researchers, from the Daum CD's, from the LDS film archives, from 1901 through 1921 census records, from numerous published Death Notices, and from other public archives. The German choir songs, dating from about 1960, are used with the kind permission of Christ Lutheran Congregation of Neudorf, Sask.
✔   Thanks to all !   ✔
Dick Gattinger, Ottawa, 2013.